The purpose of cosmetic breast augmentation surgery is to lend volume and firmness to small breasts, restore harmony and beauty to the female torso and increase the woman’s self-esteem and confidence.
Augmentation mammoplasty is suitable for women who wish to increase their bust by one or more sizes or correct defects of shape or volume disparity between one breast and the other, whether due to genetic or acquired causes.
Breast augmentation cosmetic surgery has extraordinary results and the surgeons, their experience and qualifications are key to the success of the intervention.
- Complete analysis carried out.
- If necessary, the surgeon will request ultrasound or mammograms.
- Pre-anaesthetic cardiological study.
- Do not take aspirin, do not smoke and suspend vitamin E at least ten days before surgery.
Type of anaesthesia: General.
Duration of the intervention: 1-2 hours.
Hospital stay: 24-48 hours.
After surgery: Three days after hospital discharge, the first follow-up consultation will be held and the type of bra – to be worn permanently for a month – discussed.
- The stitches are removed 8-15 days post-operation.
- The patient will need to be off work for between one and two weeks.
- Strenuous sport should be avoided for a month.
- The final results are evident at the end of the third month.